Spice Up Your Life With a Taste of Japan

*Fun Bento Box**Cute and Natural Food From California*

3/05/2012

HOT "DOGS"




★How to make the dog bread★

Make the dough from your favorite bread recipe, using a bread maker.
Select DOUGH mode.
When it's done, push all the air out of the dough with your hands.
Divide it into 10(if you make the dough with about 250g flour) and roll each into a ball. Cover with wet paper towels and rest for 15mins.
Make each into a oval shape.
Cut with a knife to make the ears of the dogs, and let the dough rise until about double in size.
After the rise, make eyes and noses with black beans.
Bake for about 10 mins at 400F.



adapted from http://cookpad.com/recipe/1196284

23 comments:

  1. I bet you could do this with refrigerator biscuits, it would be quicker and easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute... i will do this for my son's birthday next time.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Hope your son will enjoy it;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so doing this as soon as the girls get back from the grandparents!

    Thanks

    Sarah Snell-Pym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your puppies are so adorable and clever. What a fantastic idea. I've pinned it and shared it with my Facebook friends. I can't wait to try making my own bread animals.

    Beth [at] Hungry Happenings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mayumi-san, These little sandwiches are just adorable and looks very yummy as well. You make me miss Japan so much! Looking forward to keeping in touch. Ja Mata, BAM

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I am seeing is a picture. I'd love to make this but need to know specifics. Like: What ingredient is used to make eyes & nose? Can I use canned dough? Pizza dough? What kind of dough is used? Thank you for these answers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used black beans for eyes and nose! Any kind of bread dough works good:)

      Delete
    2. Is that possible to have raisins instead black beans?

      Delete
    3. I think it would work as well!

      Delete
  8. Hi there,
    Do you do commissioned work? I'm the managing editor for a Canadian media company. What is your contact info?
    Thanks!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. Oh too cute Am doing this for my dog Party in November when Harley turns 1. She is a golden retriever and a service dog for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd do it for a my puppy Loki if he liked bread~
      He begs for it but when I give him a peice he doesn't want it anymore. >3>

      Delete
  10. wow , very interesting .

    did not think that could be such a hot dog

    by : IM-kuliner

    ReplyDelete